|Emerald Green Smokey Eye|
To achieve this look, it involved quite a lot of layering and blending - despite it looking like just a swipe of green eyeshadow! These were the products used:
- I began by dipping my flat eyeshadow brush in the black eyeshadow once, then straight into the matte emerald green and then proceeding to dab this all over my lid. I repeated this process 3-4 times to get the right amount of depth and saturation.
- I then lined my lower lashline with this colour combination.
- Next I used a lighter khaki green and a fluffy blending brush to blend into the outer corner and crease to give the colour some more depth and also blend out the harsh edges.
- I continued blending with a lighter khaki shade and took this up a little higher into my crease and brow bone. as well as blending under the lower lashline as well.
- Using a light, skin toned colour I highlighted under my brown and the tear duct.
- I used a black gel liner to line both the top and bottom lashlines to give some added definition.
As you can see, quite a lot of technique and layering goes into what looks like quite a basic look. I find that if you skip the step of combining the black and the emerald green, the colour payoff is not as strong and ends up looking quite sheer.